The Texas Nursery and Landscaping Association’s Nursery and Landscape Expo 2015 is just days away, this Thursday-Saturday in Dallas! It’s our big outing for the year and we couldn’t be more excited to see and talk to everyone there. Here are the top five reasons we’re looking forward to it so much. Please come visit us at Booth #2222 in the Tradeshow.
1. We love seeing our contractors, designers and growers in person. It’s great talking to you all on the phone when you need us, but it’s even better talking to you in person just because we’re all in the same room together. Having strong relationships with our growers and buyers is the foundation of our business. Personalized service is important to us so every opportunity we get to know you better is invaluable.
2. We get to demonstrate the ways our platform can help you. Seeing others respond positively and excitedly to what our platform can do for them is always an amazing and motivational experience. It's our "energizer bunny." We're really proud of what we've built. Our platform allows sellers to easily list both their current inventory and their future inventory – for free. It also allows buyers to quickly upload plant lists, design based on actual availability, share comments on projects and plants and search a database of more than 210,000 plants to get the best materials at the best prices on the market.
3. The trip to Dallas is great for team-building. Our team members are a dedicated group of people, all of whom willingly work late nights and weekends to bring greater efficiency and convenience to the wholesale plant and commercial landscaping industry. There’s absolutely no better team to spend the weekend with.
4. We get to introduce more users to the benefits of our SmartPicture service. A few months ago, Local Plant Source finalized a partnership with Smart Picture Technologies to offer a new cutting-edge plant measurement service to our users. The service allows growers to more accurately and efficiently measure the plants they are selling and share that information more easily with buyers. We’ve been rolling it out slowly over the last few months and are looking forward to showing it off to more of our users.
5. It’s truly “Naturally Inspiring” to have our industry’s professionals together. We love the theme of this year’s Expo. Networking with others is such an important part of inspiration, and we all need as much inspiration as we can get to keep moving the industry forward. The more we can connect with each other, the more services we can create to solve our industry’s challenges. And there are several great networking events — the Welcome to Dallas Party on Thursday is free, and the TNLA Awards Celebration on Friday promises to highlight the best leaders and more innovative designers our industry has to offer.