It's once again time for our favorite event of the year! The Texas Nursery & Landscape Association's Nursery/Landscape Expo is later this week in Houston! Will you be there? If so, please come see us at Booth 2213, right in the middle of the tradeshow floor. You can also email us ahead of time to request a lunch or coffee meeting. We'd love to talk with you about your challenges and how we can help you improve your bottom line.
Also, there's an amazing tradeshow app that you can download from Google Play or iTunes. Just search for Nursery Landscape Expo. The app offers maps, schedules, information on speakers and more! We hope you find it useful when deciding what to see and do during the tradeshow.
Fun in the City:
Here's just a few things to do in Houston, if you have some extra time to spend exploring the city.
1. Discovery Green. This city park right next to the George R. Brown Convention Center offers a great green place to take a stroll with views of downtown Houston.
2. Downtown Aquarium-Houston. Not far from the convention center, The Houston Aquarium offers beautiful and unique exhibits, rides and dining.
3. The Art Car Museum. Houston is America's art car capital. Find out why by visiting this fun non-profit art collection.
4. Cockrell Butterfly Center. Plant lovers will love the Cockrell Butterfly Center, part of the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
5. Space Center Houston. With more than 400 things to do, the Space Center is a must-see during every trip to Houston.
Key Expo Events:
And here's just a few key events we're looking forward to during the Expo:
- National football champion Aaron Davis will give a keynote Thursday on what it takes to achieve incredible results. We're looking forward to some inspiration, motivation and words of wisdom from someone who knows how to thrive not just as an individual, but as part of a team.
- The Welcome to Houston Party Thursday night is a great time to let loose and get to know your fellow growers, landscape architects and contractors.
- Dr. Charlie Hall, Texas A & M University Ellison Chair in International Floriculture, is giving not one but two lectures Friday morning: one on economic updates for 2017 and the second on the economic, environmental and well-being benefits of lifestyle horticulture.
- A number of presentations will discuss the importance of trees to our health, quality of life and environment, and how to educate customers about the full value of green landscapes. If those sessions aren't of interest to you, there are a variety of topic tracks to choose from, including tracks for and about arborists, designers, growers, pests/diseases and turf management.
See you in Houston!